It’s that time of year again—summer! And what goes best with surf, sunshine, sandals and sand? Cocktails! For Newport Beachers both old and new, here’s the 2013 list of the Top 10 spots for an outdoor cocktail. Cheers!
10) Muldoon’s Pub—What could be better than authentic fish and chips? Washing them down with a cool Guinness at this festive Irish bar.
9) The Alley—Brunch and bottomless Mimosa’s? Definitely a contender!
8) Avila’s El Ranchito—Taco Tuesday is not to missed, $10 entry gets you all you can eat.
7) The Lounge at Sam & Harry’s—A happy hour you can’t beat.
6) Tommy Bahama Island Grille—The back patio is like being on a tropical vacation.
5) Billy’s at the Beach—From tiki-themed Mai Tais to old fashioned Old Fashions, Billy’s has the best view of the yachts and people watching right off the highway.
4) The Rusty Pelican—Great atmosphere and to-die for seafood.
3) The Montage Hotel—Closer to Laguna than Newport Beach, The Montage has spectacular views of the ocean. It’s pricey, so plan accordingly.
2) The Bootlegger—Beachfront booze and nostalgic decor.
1) The Beachcomber—Located on idyllic Crystal Cove Beach, this kitchy restaurant raises and salutes the cocktail flag everyday. Great food, amazing ocean views and an extensive cocktail menu. Take a walk down the beach to see the historic waterfront homes of Crystal Cove. It may look familiar as Bette Middler’s Beaches was filmed here.